Educator Step-by-step Guide
We encourage educators to sign-up as early as possible to have ample time to incorporate Paint the State projects into the 2022—2023 school year. The Meth Project is here throughout the process to be a source of information and inspiration.
- SIGN-UP HERE to express your interest in leading a student team and reserve your spot to receive a $250 stipend toward art supplies.
- Form your student team (or multiple teams) with a class or student group.
- Register your student team(s). A registration link will be emailed to you in Fall 2022 when team registration opens. A $250 Amazon gift card will be mailed to the first 250 educators who sign up and register student teams.
- Utilize the Montana Meth Prevention Lesson Video to help students understand the risks of Meth use and the Meth problem in our state.
- Brainstorm and concept the art piece with students and follow these Tips and Rules.
- Create the artwork and install in a public location that will engage your community!
- Submit a photo of the installed artwork by June 30, 2023, for students to enter to win regional and statewide cash prizes.
Paint the State Timeline
REGISTRATION PERIOD:January 2023 – May 31, 2023
ART INSTALLATION DEADLINE & ONLINE PHOTO SUBMISSION:June 30, 2023
CELEBRITY JUDGING & POPULAR VOTING:July 2023
AWARD ANNOUNCEMENTS OF REGIONAL & STATEWIDE WINNERS:August 2023